Saturday, March 8, 2014

Smackdown Review

Alright here's what I thought about the Raw Recap Show ummmm I mean Friday Night Smackdown.

Dolph vs Christian was entertaining.  Looks like they're going to continue to go in the direction of Dolph vs ADR and Christian vs Sheamus.  Most likely next week on Raw or Smackdown we'll see Sheamus and Dolph vs Christian and ADR.  For the most part all four guys are good workers, its good to see midcard programs.  I happy to see these guys have some direction leading into Wrestlemania.

I'm loving The Usos.  I think they are the perfect tag team for this era of the WWE.  In ring I think they're great and as a tag team I think they have great charisma.  They are the guys that need to carry this division for the time being.  Unfortunately I think the second best tag team is Cody and Goldust.  Ideally these two teams would face off at Wrestlemania.

The Axelback team or whatever they're calling themselves is growing on me.  I thought it was a mistake to take Heyman away from Axel but it looks like his future might be in a tag team.  These two guys are starting to work really well together as a midcard heel tag team.  I don't know if they have the potential to carry the belts but maybe they can be transitional champions.

AJ taps out to the Sharpshooter.  We need to see Natalya take the belt off AJ at Wrestlemania.  After Wrestlemania we can see AJ and Tamina feud over becoming the #1 Contender.  Between those three they can put on great matches, great programs and continue to elevate the Divas division.

The Shield situation is the most unique breakup I've ever seen.  I still believe and think they need the huge breakup leading to a triple threat match at Wrestlemania.  I'm enjoying Seth Rollins' work here.  He is the guy that is trying to keep The Shield together.  He seems to be the only guy in the group that sees the big picture.  Dean Ambrose is most likely going to end up being the heel and breaking them up.  While Roman is the big, strong, quite, face.

They're letting Luke Harper speak more.  I don't forsee the Wyatts breaking up anytime soon but when they do it could eventually be Harper leading Rowand away from Bray Wyatt.  I do see Bray being the cult leader for a while.  I don't know if they'd find new followers for him or not.

It looks like they're bringing Big Show back into The Authority angle.  This is interesting, they might use Big Show to help out Daniel Bryan or they might use him to distract Kane freeing up Daniel Bryan to focus on Triple H.  Overall what I found most interesting about this match is the lack of screen time for Batista.  It seemed like it was more of a handicap match than anything else.  Also Batista's promo to start the show was lacking.  He clearly is not a main even caliber performer.  He couldn't play an entertaining heel with the most over face in the company.  I think the WWE needs to seriously reconsider the Wrestlemania main event.

The biggest thing that Smackdown lacked was the presence of the WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton.  Had I not known better I might think there was no Champion associated with Smackdown.

Overall I think there are fewer reasons to continue to watch Smackdown.  Nothing big ever happens.  Half of it is a Raw recap.  The other half is the feuds from Raw treading water.

No comments:

Post a Comment