Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Raw Thoughts 3/3

Of course the show started with CM Punk's music.  Obviously the CM Punk situation needed to be addressed.  The rumors were all over the dirtsheets and the speculation was running wild.  I was quite shocked to see Paul Heyman.  I thought we'd see Punk, then I thought we'd see Triple H or Vince.  Never did I think we'd see Heyman.  This was the best thing they could have done without Punk.  Obviously CM Punk will not comeback to the WWE for a very long time if at all.  If I were a betting man, I'd say we've seen the last of CM Punk.  I think he's done.  At this point the WWE needs to continue to get Heyman and Brock over as heels.  Overall I thought the segment was okay, they got the most out of it.

I don't understand what is going on with The Usos and the New Age Outlaws.  I thought they'd blow off the feud tonight on Main Event.  SPOILER ALERT: they didn't.  That being said it might last til Wrestlemania XXX.  If that is the case I thought the payoff would be bigger for fans of The Usos if they won the Tag Titles for the first time at Wrestlemania.  I would have either booked that or the feud to blow off on Main Event to make room for another young tag team.

I like what is going on with The Real Americans.  Clearly these two are headed for a breakup that could end in a match at Wrestlemania.  I think its about time for that.  Cesaro is clearly headed for a main event type of push and the team with Swagger is running its course.  I enjoy Zeb but he just doesn't fit with Cesaro.  I'd continue to book this jealousy thing and eventually blow up this team.

The Shield needs to break up.  We need to finally get the payoff of the slow break of The Shield.  I would book the triple threat at Wrestlemania XXX.  That might steal the show too.  I enjoyed how Seth Rollins was the one who walked out.  That will be the final straw with The Shield.  He was the glue.  He will let the other two destroy The Shield.  I think they've run their course as a unit.  Its time for them to go onto singles careers.

Sheamus and Christian are another two that are on a collision course for Wrestlemania.  Both guys need and deserve a match, they just need someone to fight.  They should do fine fighting each other but we've already seen it on free TV a few to many times to get excited to see it at Wrestlemania.

The Wyatts are clearly going to face John Cena at Wrestlemania XXX.  I don't want to see a 3 on 1.  I'll end up writing a blog specifically about this match.

Finally the main event.  Triple H/Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton/Batista.  We have more evidence that a Randy Orton vs Batista match will not work out.  I wrote how I would fix it, it looks like the best option would be to add Daniel Bryan to the match.  I wrote about this in depth therefore I won't get into this too much.  I think its time to give Daniel Bryan a more definitive direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment